Enjoy your next hunt in tartare with our recipe for moose tartare with young conifer shoots.
Fill your plate with boreal flavors 😉
Quantity: 4 servings
- 600 gr of the original hash
- 30-40 freshly harvested fir and spruce saplings
- 15ml fresh daisy buds if available
- 60ml olive oil
- 30 ml citron juice
- 15 ml baseball mustard
- 15 ml hot sauce ''Salsa verde''
- 1 French shallot
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 toasted croutons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, strong sauce and egg yolk and set aside
- Cube the beef with a sharp knife
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed beef with the vinaigrette and mix well.
- Finely chop the French shallot and add it to the container with the beef
- Add the wild condiments and to add crunch and a floral and coniferous flavor and mix well again.
- Season with salt and pepper and then serve with toasted croutons
Taste! - Recipe by Simon-Pierre Murdock, the author of the book « wild kitchen ».