Try our Moose Steak with Morels Recipe on your next catch.
Take the opportunity to discover this exceptional mushroom that grows in our Quebec forests!
Quantity: 2 servings
- 28g morels, dried
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) camelina oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) butter
- 2 moose striploins, 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) 15% cooking cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a bowl, place the morels then cover with boiling water. Leave to rest for about twenty minutes. Squeeze well and set aside.
- Season the meat on both sides.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil and butter then place the steaks. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Remove the meat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, add the morels and reduce by half. Pour the cream. Salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens then add the green onions.
- Serve the meat with the morel sauce.
Taste! - Recipe by Simon-Pierre Murdock, the author of the book « wild kitchen ».